Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Baseball, memories and the future


America loves a good baseball game - and the Pausley family is no different. Lastnight we went to watch the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Yankees take on the Chiefs (from I don't know where). We were joined by a majority of Brad and I's coworkers from BBC and it was genuinely a good time. I don't know what my favorite part was - whether it was Glenn singing "Help" by the Beatles as loud as he could, listening to the conversations all around me secretly or just being next to my husband and feeling so proud to be by his side. Gush Gush Gush... I know. I think our team won - so that was a good thing too. I'm such a sap for "treasuring" memories - and I hope this one gets tucked away for my mind to bring up on a rainy day. Just the laid back nature of those we work with, our fun escapes as a young couple without children... because I know someday things may not be this way.

Some friends of ours told us lastnight they are headed to OHIO to candidate at a church - I'm so thrilled for them, they will be close to friends and family, and in full time ministry. In my mind I can think of no better situation. Also in my mind I'm thinking... Lord, please keep us close to friends and family. It's always been a prayer for me. As I look into the future, we have under a year @ BBC (via contract) and I realize how quickly the "Someday" could be. My heart does a flip flop thinking of the "next step" in life, and another flip flop as we both desire full time local church ministry... it will be hard, but it will be good.

No comments: