Friday, September 7, 2007

In Nature

I've always been a little dramatic, I admit it. And not only do I admit it, I'm convinced that God loves dramatic thinkers. When I was little I loved to play in the dirt and pretend I was a poor beggar because I wanted to "feel" what that was like. Or I'd get my dolls together and pretend I was a mother of 5, lived in a big farm house out on the plains and my husband was a busy farmer/preacher. All that to say, I didn't have "normal" play situations as a little one, and all through high school I kept the dramatic life - writing short stories that swam through my head, attempting art (photography), wanting desperately to fall deep in storybook love....

Well, this past weekend I had another chance in life to feel dramatic and to really just wallow in my imagination - and in the beauty of creation! What a great God. We went camping at Promised Land state park, and it's just perfect! The trees were tall and gorgeous, the air was filled with the smell of rutic campfires and grilled food, the sunrises were amazing... :) I loved it! I always feel that much closer to heaven when I have a few days to just sit and enjoy this world God has given to me.

There was one tree right by our tent, it's roots were crazy. It was a huge tree... and so many of it's roots were grown above ground - it reminded me of the strength of our Lord.

Everytime I passed it I would try to remember to thank the Lord for this life he's given. He IS so good. Beauty... drama... I think God wants us to feel that. I know I feel it, and in nature when I'm alone with just God and his creation I feel it more. It's a perfect thing! Thank you Great God for the beauty of this earth.

No comments: