Thursday, November 21, 2013

Worlds Worst Homemaker

Confession: While I LOVE being home with my children and I ADORE menu planning, organizing, some good home preschool, etc. I'm truly a LOUSY with a capital L, Homemaker. In the sense of orderly, tidy, clean living... I fail time and again. 

For example, even with a brand spankin' new dishwasher... I still have dishes in my sink. 
Laundry, never done recently.
Bed left unmade for like the 8900'th day. 
Clutter. Don't even ask. 

It's not that I want to live in a perpetual mess, it's that lately I'm so distracted and it seems everything else is so much more exciting or important. But, what I'm learning is that to my husband a tidy home is in his top 3 things of "needs". So while it's not my favorite or even the most enjoyable - if it blesses him and shows him love, I can handle it. One broken crayon piece at a time... (ugh). 

How about you? What are you doing today to bless your husband and make his load lighter? 

No comments: