Monday, September 8, 2014

Some thoughts before my next cup of coffee

Good morning and happy Monday! It's still early morning and the irony is not lost on this day...
I set my alarm for "early", as I'm still fighting to get up before everyone and get into the Word of God. I need it. I want it. I keep trying and trying to do things in my own strength and by the end of the day that worn, weary feeling is worse - because I keep forgetting my source of strength. So I fight the drooping eyes and roll out of the bed, tip toe downstairs, brew the coffee, sit down to read and... the red lights on the monitor go off. Jane is awake. Of course she is, because I just sat down to read. (sigh)

But the Lord in his kindness to me - gave me a sweet child. She nurses quietly and dozes off and on before finishing up. Then while I read (some out loud to her) she just lays in my arms. I love that baby. We have our own precious morning thing going - and she's back to bed an hour later.

I just started reading through the book, "Discipline" by Elisabeth Elliot. Wow. Good stuff.
 
I enjoy Ms. Elliot's writing style and I'm thinking I have MUCH to learn from this book. Eager to grow and hear her wisdom.  I'm trying (again) to wake up early and spend time in the word... the older I get the more I realize how much discipline I NEED in my life. I'm a work in progress for sure.

I also took 30 minutes last night to watch this interview with Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar. If you (like me) struggle with "how on earth do I raise these children without losing my brain?!"... you will be blessed and encouraged by them. It's worth your time. They have a lot of experience and are so tender to the Lord's working. I have always been a Duggar fan, but over the last few weeks I have been so thankful for this living example of a Mom who strives to raise her children to honor and love the Lord - and, each other! Go ahead... watch. :) You won't be disappointed.


No comments: