Friday, September 12, 2014

There are no perfect days

For the last few days the sky has been gray.
The mornings start out cool and the sun is going down in a flame of oranges and reds at the end of the day.
It's my season.
A neighbors tree has the most amazing orange leaves that have started to change already. In the evenings you can stand on the porch and smell wood burning stoves and nearby bonfire pits, as people enjoy the last of the warm season. There's enough chill to notice. Fuzzy socks have been put back in our dresser drawers... for me, it's the best time of the year. I adore this season of all things Autumn.

And, while there is no such thing as a perfect day, we may have come close today. While my kindergartener was at school - the rest of the fam headed out for some library time. I love the library for many reasons - but especially when I'm going in search of cookbooks. I've been feeling so frazzled lately and slightly overwhelmed with all of life and responsibilities, etc. There is something so soothing to me to walk up and down rows of cookbooks just dreaming and thinking and planning. After finding a good one I rejoined the fam and we found some good fall themed books to read at home.
The book on the right is so fantastic! It was in the cookbook aisle but is such a good, fun, mommy read. It has recipes and little stories, crafty ideas and the authors family memories.


"Give me the splendid silent sun with all his beams full-dazzling, 
give me juicy autumnal fruit ripe and red from the orchard."
Walt Whitman

I'm eager to dig in and enjoy. And, because my husband knows of my joy in this season... he treated me to one of these gems. :) Oh pumpkin and apple everything. You are my favorites.
And now, as the youngest children nap and my hubby and big girl are out and about. The quiet. It's not perfect, but it sure is good.


No comments: