Tuesday, September 4, 2007

La Festa Italiano

Clearly, I'm not Italian - as I probably didn't even spell that correctly. All the same, this past weekend we had our annual trip to the Italian Fest in Scranton. We walked around the same block 5 times, got something new to eat with each round, and said our "hello's" to the miscellaneous BBC people we would see. There was something oddly comfortable about this year. Maybe it's because it was my 7th festival. :) I can't believe I've been here for almost 8 years now...I never would have guessed this. It's truly amazing to look back and remember - not only what God has done, but to remember the fun memories, experiences and associated events. This festival in particular gives me warm memories of piling into cars and coming down with my girlfriends from the dorm. We would have a fabulous time "people watching", we would just laugh and laugh, and laugh more as we watched the "Frank Sinatra" double perform for the masses, never as good as the original - but trying so hard, and so loudly. It also makes me think of all the different phases of people we go through - the true friends, the acquantences, the "obligated to go with" group, etc. It's amazing how life changes, almost cyclic - and I'm sure it's supposed to be like that. This year we went with some cousins, Becki and Adam. I was so thankful to be with family - it's just natural, care free, fun. And even though I don't know them super well (brad's side of fam), just knowing it's family makes it better.

No comments: