Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The significance of...NOT ME

Here is a journal entry of mine from July 7th -something that came back to mind today so I thought rather then re-journal it again for myself I could share what I already thought, and maybe encourage someone else, too....

July 7, 2009 -
"Then, as He was now drawing near the descent of the Mt. of Olives, the whole multitude of disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works they had seen, saying: "Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" And some Pharisees called to Him - "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!" But He answered them, "I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out." Luke 19:37-40

What a wonder to me it is that God CHOOSES to use us...whiny, fickle humans for His glory. Sometimes I make myself too important - what a great reminder this morning that God doesn't need me or my praise (though He is constantly deserving!!!)...He is God, He is good. He is ruler over all creation. My God can use stones to worship should He speak the word. Wow. Today I want to live in praise for my risen King. Let the stones envy my ability to praise! Thank you God for life, for love, my family and your creation. Thank you for choosing me to follow you.

1 comment:

Amy said...

"Let the stones envy my ability to praise."

Wow, that was great! Thanks for sharing!