Monday, July 21, 2014

Happy homemaker Monday

www.familycorner.blogspot.com
It feels like it's been 100  years since I've been able to join in for HHM'S! I've missed reading and sharing. But, life with a newborn sometimes just kinda runs a little bit differently. :) Miss Jane is 6 weeks old and I'm feeling like my head is a little bit above water now. She is doing really well, getting chunky, and learning this sleeping at night thing. We are so blessed and thankful for baby girl #3! Happy Monday to all of you.

Breakfast time, what is on the plate this morning::::
My 3 year old and I have blueberry bagels with cream cheese, orange juice, and some hot coffee for me! 

On today's to do list::::
Some laundry, some painting (I'm redoing my kitchen), diaper changes, feedings, entertaining the 3 year old, and hopefully an afternoon nap. 

Currently reading::::
"Women of the Word" by Jen Wilkin. GREAT book on bible study and the important of using our heads and hearts while doing so. 

On the TV today::::
Angelina Ballerina. My little girl LOVES this show. It's cute.

The weather outside is::::
HOT. Weather man said expect to see heat indexes in the 105 range. Blah.

On the menu this week::::
As my hubby and oldest girl are at camp all week - I'm keeping it simple with corndogs, PB&J's, mac n' cheese and all things 3 year old friendly :) 

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
SLEEP.

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
Next week I'm going back to pinterest recipes and making Hobo packet dinners on the fire. Yum! 

In the garden::::
No garden. Tho... if weeds were a garden, I'd have a rockin' weed garden.

Favorite photo from the camera::::
From our newborn shoot. LOVE how Shawna captured these shots. 

Homemaking tip::::
Take advantage of neighborhood clean up days! Also known as...Junking. Our neighborhood is having a clean up week where you can put just about anything out on the curb and waste management will pick it up. I found an amazing solid wood desk on the curb - in perfect shape! Score! It helps us to clean out and helps us help others by saving something from the landfill. 

Visiting with blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::
Um, if you aren't following the Pioneer woman. Why not? haha :) Today she has an AMAZING recipe out for Jalepeno cheddar scones. Yum! These need to make an appearance at my house! 

Praying for::::
Hubby and 5 year old at camp. Praying they have a really great time together - 5 year old needs the attention and time away. :) 
Friends due with babies.
That OUR baby would learn some more sleeping skills :) 

Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating me with at the moment:::: 
I need to dive into my devos today! Might come back and edit this later to share.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I imagine you are exhausted..sleep when you can friend :)

Sandra said...

Awwwww she is just beautiful. Congratulations :)