Saturday, July 19, 2014

My Kitchen redo attempt.

There is one room in my home where I spend the most amount of time. My kitchen. I love being in the kitchen whether its to bake, create, brew coffee or chat with my hubby. It's my place. I'm not a super picky kind of woman - I don't really care much about having a fancy kitchen...but I will confess, that my strange green counters and finger-printy walls (from the last family that lived here) is kind of grossing me out. :) 

So, I'm taking on the task of doing what I can to kind of redo the kitchen for as cheap as possible without any major renovations. For me this means - paint. So my pale, finger-printy, scuffed up, tan kitchen walls will very soon take on the shade stone brown. I saw it at Home Depot and just loved it right away - so warm.
 

My husband and 5 year old leave for camp tomorrow and will be gone for a week - my goal is to have it done before they get home. Here are some before pics:


See that white patch? I fixed a hole all by myself! :)

THE most finger printed wall I have ever seen. Who chooses flat tan paint for a kitchen?!
For now, paint will do. We can't do anything about the green counters or the retro oven...but nice walls will for sure help :) And an idea pic of what will go on those walls once done. :) Thank you Pinterest!

For the wall by the pantry (that has the white patch) - thinking of this idea, on a smaller scale. I love the mini clips that let you change out pics, and that it's BURLAP behind it. My kitchen valance is made from burlap.
kitchen - wall by the pantry. 
We'll see how much gets done with a 6 week old and 3 year old :) 

1 comment:

Angie said...

Good luck gal! I have a ton of painting that needs to be done and I just can't get brave enough to do it with 2 little ones at home! I can't wait to see how it all turns out :)