Thursday, February 9, 2012

Similar yet different

I love watching my babies grow :) I think that fact is pretty thoroughly established in this blog. I haven't done a great job of keeping up a baby book for August - sadly, it's just crazy busy and different with #2. Thankfully Facebook is like a baby book of sorts.


My girls are so similar in many ways - but I love how they are so different, too. This morning I was looking at some pics of the two of them, both at 8 months old. And it's official...they are different children. :)




This is Ava at 8ish months:

She was standing in her bed. Had long-er hair. Had been crawling for awhile already... and was taking at least 8oz in her bottles.




Then we have Miss August Hope (now) at 8ish months:


She just learned how to crawl last week. Still only taking about 6oz or less at her bottle times. Very little hair. No where close to standing! However, MUCH more verbal then I remember big sis being. :)


I'm so thankful for these two precious ladies that God has entrusted us with. I love watching them learn and grow and change. I should dig up some pics where they do look really alike.


And, I need to throw in our funny moment from yesterday -


As I was attempting to load Ava into her carseat for church she kept bucking back out and being naughty. Annoyed, I asked her father to take over. When he asked her why she wouldn't sit still she simply says, "because I have a butt crack." Well then. Don't know why that seemed to affect things yesterday...but, good to know. :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

It's funny how siblings can be so different when it comes to certain things! Both are just precious :)

Funny story, kids say the darndest things!!