Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday!

Good Monday Morning! Wow, a crazy busy weekend was had here. But so refreshing, too. A shout out to all my Happy Homemaker friends! We can do this with the Lords strength today! 


The weather:::
Hmmm, says it should reach the 70's today - but we are still buried in gray skies and rain, rain, rain. Saw a story on the news last night that all this weird weather is really messing with Iowa crops of all kinds. Bummer.    

 
On my reading pile:::  
"The Meaning of Marriage" - Timothy Keller

"Queen of the Home" - compilation put out by Vision Forum
"A life that says welcome" -Karen Ehman
Book of Lamentations, Bible :)   

On my TV:::
I'm feeling challenged to turn it off! My kids watched some Disney channel this morning and right now we are listening to one of the music channels. Lovely sound scapes :) 

On the menu for this week:::
 Monday - Chicken Enchiladas  
Tuesday -  Switch n' Go ribs, smashed potatoes
Wednesday -  Youth group night...not sure yet.
Thursday -   Dinner with our music pastor candidate...thinking PF Changs :) Woot!
Friday - Seniors banquet! Catered by Smokey D's BBQ! 
Saturday -   Chunky Chicken Soup
Sunday -   Still need to plan this one. 




On my to do list:::
Monday is Laundry day! 

Menu plan for May
General tidy of the downstairs
Set up cleaning schedule... what I do now is just not working. :/
Put away decorations from weekend retreat.


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
This weekend at our ladies retreat I taught ladies how to make a "30 dime hurricane". Buy a glass candlestick holder, any size/any candle holder {I used a smaller hurricane style} and a candle. Glue the candlestick to the bottom of the glass holder, let set overnight, put the candle in and voila - Williams Sonoma/Pottery Barn style hurricane. For 3 bucks !


  

Looking around the house:::
Messes here and there. The kids have crayons, paper, toys, and everything strung out already. 
Baby is napping. My morning coffee is sitting here in my Christmas mug - getting cold, again. I think I microwave this beast a good 10 times before its gone. :) 

From the camera:::
@ our ladies retreat at Hidden Acres camp. We pastors wives had a panel where we shared our testimonies, what God is teaching us in ministry and how the other women could pray for us. What a great time of fellowship! 
*I'm 3rd from the left up on the stage :)


Something fun to share:::
Learned this weekend that you can find all sorts of organization charts/graphs/ideas on Pinterest. One lady shared a few printables available on setting up a good cleaning schedule - hoping to print one off for our home soon. Hey, every little idea helps! 


On my prayer list:::
God has laid on my heart to GET UP and GET GOING in his Word before my family wakes up. So, I've committed to rising early every day this week. I set small goals so I can reach them. :) This morning was great - and I can already feel my focus is in the right place. Asking God for the discipline and desire to seek him early as often as I can. 
And, 
My daddy is flying to Estonia today for a short term missions trip. Please pray for him? If you aren't familiar with where that is... {join the club} it's beyond sweden, near russia, etc. :)

Bible verse, Devotional::: 
Started reading Lamentations today - the doom and gloom of a disobedient Israel. Wow, not at all like a nice poetry-ish Psalm - but still so much good truth and encouragement. 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Great post Mandi :)

Love the hurricane lamp idea, do you have pictures of the finished ones, I would like to try it :)

Have a great week.

Angie said...

I always really enjoy these posts! Our weather here in Ky has been beauitful & is supposed to continue on throughout the week. Hopefull you will get some sunshine soon. If you find a cleaning schedule that works, post it! I'm in desperate need of a schedule :)

Happy Monday!