Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fall Ya'll.

Autumn Walk Heritage® Scented Candle 
It's official, because I just purchased this "Autumn Walk" candle. I absolutely cannot WAIT to start burning this baby in our new place.  (Sigh) Autumn... welcome back.

Speaking of the new place, we are down to 4 days until we move in! I had my heart set on moving in this weekend, but it looks like Monday afternoon is the big day. We got to stop over yesterday and meet the family that is moving out - a leetle awkward, but overall, they were very friendly and I think it helped them to see who was getting their place. Their little boy joked that he didn't want us to paint "His room" pink with ballerinas. I made no promises. ;)

Last week I checked out another great cookbook from the local library, "Amish Friends Cookbook, Vol. 2" by Wanda Brunstetter. 
 
Oh yum. I've been on this Amish mode and just really enjoy the simplicity and comforting taste of all their recipes. This week we tried the recipe for Goulash, which was fantastic and tonight I'm making this one below, so I thought I'd share a recipe. :) It's a very fallish type meal, even though it will be in the 80's today. 

Chickenetti
6oz spaghetti, cooked
2 c chicken, cooked and diced
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I'm using cream o' potato)
2 c corn
1/2 c chicken broth
1/8 t celery salt
1 t salt
1/4 t pepper
3/4lb velveeta, shredded

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix all ingredients and put in a casserole dish. Bake covered 1 hour. 
*I really, REALLY, want to get away from the cream of whatever soups... it's my mission to whip up a batch of the healthy stuff once we move and settle. 

Seriously, does it get easier??! This will be perfect for our busy Thursday night. :) Apparently, this is a big favorite in the Duggar family, too. While I was searching for a good and delicious looking picture to share - all I could find was sweet little Josie sitting by the recipe. If it's good enough for the Duggars... it's good enough for me! 

Happy early weekend! Maybe the next time I blog will be from our new house?!

No comments: