Monday, September 9, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday

 
Even though I'm not currently living in my "own" home, I thought I'd jump on board again today. :) 


The weather.....
Oh, our poor land :/ It hasn't rained in Months... everything is dead and dry. Parts of the ground look cracked and kind of like desert. 100 degrees today! But, JOY, by the end of the week we are in September temps - down to the mid 70's. This makes me VERY happy. :)

Right now I am....
Enjoying a pumpkin spice latte while my girls watch "Cinderella". On these massively hot days - Direct TV has been a blessing.

Thinking....
Tonight I'm giving a devotional at a baby shower for a friend and fellow youth leader. They have been trying for a baby for YEARS and the Lord has given them a baby girl :) She's due soon! Thinking through my points and trying to weed out the non-essentials....

On my reading pile....
Checked out a really cool old book from the library about the pioneers. I get so into that kind of stuff! Getting ready to dive into my new bible study book by Nancy Guthrie, "Hoping for something better".

On my TV.....
Cinderella.
We've been watching "King of Queens" at night after the girls are in bed. And of course loving Food Network shows and HGTV. Blah, glad we turned off cable... they suck me in!

On the menu for this week....
I'm working HARD at losing weight and preparing healthy meals for my fam. That said, today is a CRAZY busy day.

Monday - fridge scavenger hunt :) 
Tuesday -  Grilled california style chopped salad w/shrimp
Wednesday - Pasta alla formiana
Thursday - Sweet and spicy greek meatballs over couscous
Friday -  Pioneer Woman's meatloaf & zuccini/Squash
Saturday - left overs
Sunday - Meatloaf sandwiches and Ice berg wedges with ranch
*these are all taken from Giada or Pioneer woman, and kinda played with ingredient wise. :)

On my to do list....
Laundry
General tidy
study for shower devo


In the craft basket....
non existent until we move into our new place

HOWEVER...  you guys. I was given several pieces of FREE furniture {coffee table, bed, dresser} that will be getting some make overs once we move, and I'm ITCHING to get started. Here's one idea, from..well, you all know by know, Pinterest :
Chalk Painted Coffee Table @Kimberly Martin  This is what I want for the coffee table! I want it to match the Kitchen table
  
 



Looking forward to this week....
Joining the local fitness center. They have a two week trial membership for FREE. Hoping to use the pool, get some exercise in and just enjoy family time there.

Looking around the house....
Living with family makes me feel like there is a mess everywhere. This house is so nice and neat... my kids toys seem overwhelming, and they only have like 8.


From the camera....
This guy, at the front. My hubs. I am so thankful for his leadership in our youth ministry. 
We are packing the room every week and teens are hearing the GOSPEL! 

On my prayer list.....
Apparently I have like 20 friends expecting :) Praying for each and every baby growing and for strong healthy mommas! 
Our move coming up {again}. Really eager to begin life in our new place.


Bible verse, Devotional....
Our pastor is beginning a new series in Romans and I'm so pumped about it. The entire book. 

2 comments:

Ruth A Stiles said...

Just stopping on by from Happy Homemaker Monday. I love that coffee table. Please show pictures when you transform it!
Have a blessed day!

Sandra said...

Love King of Queens, my hubby and I often watch it before bed too :)

Glad to see you jumping back in and hoping that soon you'll be in your own home :)