Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Lovely, Foggy, Fall, Day.

Ah, bliss. The sky is dark and it's calm outside as we've watched the early fog dissipate and the grey skies creep in around us. These are the kind of days I enjoy. No where to be, no schedule for the first part of our day, quiet. I turned off the noise of the tv...endless babbling, it feels like. And then we turn on our music. I've put together a playlist on my Spotify account made just for these days and this season - mostly instrumental, all to put you in that calm, autumn mood. I wish I could have you each over to sit down with a cup of coffee, so you could enjoy it with me. But, since I can't do that I'll just share the albums we are listening to, instead. Go check 'em out when you get a chance.

This is one of my faves. It's soothing and beautiful and makes you feel like you are lounging around at a coffee shop with nothing else to do all day. Which, is obviously untrue for me, and maybe that's why I like it so much. :) 

Some really, really, GREAT Jazz. Anita O'Day just has one of those voices. 
My favorite on this album is called "Early Autumn". 

And the same song is AWESOME on this guys' album - "Early Autumn". 

Totally switching tracks but still so, so, relaxing is this gem. 
"Winter Solstice" is a beautiful instrumental that makes me think of leaves and that first snow. Super calming and my girls love the sound of it! 

Last, I found this Thanksgiving album while browsing arond Spotify. 
Dinner Music for Thanksgiving: 40 Classic Songs
And of course it's good listening :) 

Enjoy your day, especially if you have a weather day like mine... calm, gray, and no where to be! 

*all albums can be found on Amazon.com, which is where I found the album covers to show you. 

No comments: