Monday, May 16, 2011

Still waiting...

Tomorrow is D-Day, as in, DUE date with May baby. It doesn't seem possible that a whopping 40 weeks have gone by. I'm constantly re-evaluating... what have I done in the last 40 weeks? Does my life have anything {besides this big belly, which, I know is enough} to prove that 40 weeks have come and gone?!

It would be straight up lying to tell you that I'm patiently waiting on this little girl to make her appearance. So I won't lie. Instead, I'll confess that I have been jittery, anxious, whiny, and super needy. I was telling a girlfriend last night at church, "I literally have to stop and mentally focus every minute or my anxiety gets the better of me, and my thoughts run away." Especially after having 2 full days of pretty strong contractions only to wake up today {or, did I sleep?} to nothing, nada. Oh how I seriously long to meet this child, to know I'll have help and just to turn a page in our history of life.

But in other news...
This weekend we celebrated the marriage of some friends. It was a beautiful wedding and the bonus was getting to see some much missed friends from PA! We just got back from breakfast with them this morning... and my heart is hungry for more conversation, already. {sigh} The distance between IA and PA seems especially long today.

I'm working on another "God's provision" post as you just would not believe how God has provided for us AGAIN and very specifically. So cool to sit back and see how big our God is.

It's Monday, time to put the laundry in - cut up an apple for Miss Ava's snack, brew another pot of coffee and sneak in some time in the word. I need it. Daily. Tomorrow is my due date, and my next OB appointment... you know how to pray!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Praying for you, girl! I feel like I was just there! But my little man is already nearing a year! Wow...
Praying for much needed rest, peace, and a healthy delivery sometime in the next 24 hours! :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I'm so antsy for you!!! Praying you'll be able to rest well tonight and then go into labor first thing in the morning! Don't forget to eat some hot salsa, do 20 jumping jacks, and walk 3 miles...I've heard these things work! :)

beccarankin said...

Oh I hear you!!! Those last few days. I will be praying, praying, praying. I never got scared about labor until the very end. Then I would freak myself out and decide that I wasn't going to have this baby. God could just take them back and I didn't want the pain, thank you very much. Funny how now I really can't remember the pain at all. As my mom always says, "This to shall pass." That baby will be in your arms very very soon. Can't wait to hold her! Love you girl!