Monday, May 9, 2011

Tulip Time








This weekend we traveled to Pella, Iowa for their annual Tulip Time celebration. Last year we didnt go as it promised to be "too cold", but this year was perfect! The sun was out all day and it was the first really WARM day in a while! Thank you Lord!



We had such a great time as a family checking out all of the thousands of tulips, the parade, yummy food and just a cute town in general. There were people dressed up like native "Dutch" people, dutch food stands, beautifully decorated parks, etc. My feet were completely swollen and I had little contractions ALL day, but, we made it! {And obviously NO labor the next day like everyone thought would happen}
Tulips are such pretty flowers. I had NO idea there were so many types! I grabbed some pics of some of my favorite. I loved these pink fluffy ones. They were so delicate and feminine. Love them! And I really like the HUGE orange ones, dark purple shiny ones... lol, obviously I learned all the proper names. :)
Ava did SO well the whole day! She was very VERY tempted to pick "just one two-wip" - but kept control of her self very nicely. :) {cannot get this pic to straighten, sorry}

What a special, beautiful day with our first born baby girl. I loved every minute... and was a little emotional thinking that very very soon this life of 3 will change. I hope we can always have these special memories!













1 comment:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I can promise you the memories just get better and better!!! It really was the perfect family day! SO glad you got to enjoy it!