Thursday, September 1, 2011

And then it was September


Happy September!

I'm sitting at my dining room table this morning while 3 children are playing somewhere around me. August is swinging in her musical swing {I swear I have those songs memorized} sqwaking and chattering, Ava is playing with her foam letters and pretending to spell things, and the little guy I babysit is busy stacking blocks on top of a truck. What makes this blog post today possible is that my beloved is home with us. Love that man. I learn so much from him. I really don't know how he has the energy to do and be all that he is. Yes I do - it's from the Lord. I'm thankful for him and the last few weeks the Lord has just laid heavy on my heart how much MORE I need to love him, and focus on what a precious treasure he is.

Life is busy here, although a good busy. Between babysitting full time, being back to a full fall schedule in youth group and just being a mom in general... our days are packed. We have one open weekend this entire month. Crazy. I'm trying hard to treasure the down time we do have. I don't know if I mentioned this or not earlier, but, I'm learning so many things right now. Somedays I really do feel like I'm trying to drink from a fire hose - WAY too much to learn all at once. I'm battling through some topics and gaining great victory in other areas. I've decided to NOT begin preschool this year - as the transition with babysitting at this time is enough. :) I'm plugging through the OT Minor Prophets and that has been...interesting. Life is just very very full right now. My heart is heavy about some personal things in life, and then on the other hand I'm elated at what God is doing in the lives of our teens... which, is a weird feeling. To feel 50/50. The Joy and the heartache. God knows them both. That's my comfort.

I look forward to September every year. It's the beginning of something beautiful, Autumn. I'm eager for cooler weather, routines and apple cider doughnuts. :) That being said... this month seems to have come way too fast this year.

...and then it was September.

No comments: