Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday - 2012 Edition!



Ah, Monday... I'm ready. After a weekend of being home, home, home with sick kiddos - I'm feeling motivated, energized and eager to get back into a routine. If you've never linked up to this "Happy Homemaker Monday" little ditty - you should! I enjoy reading what others ladies are doing, things they've thought of or created... just lots of good things! Grab your coffee, settle in and enjoy. Or, if you are like me... re-heat your morning coffee for the 11th time and then enjoy. (I'm putting this out on Sunday evening...as I know Monday morning will be nuts!)



The weather:::
I still can't believe it's January. It's been back up into the 60's up in here. Today it's a little more normal, 40ish and fa-reez-ing. I love it.


On my reading pile:::
This weekend I downloaded like 5 free E-books for my NOOK. Good ones, too! I came across some website that had all these links for FREE! Anyway... right now I'm reading "Made to Crave" by Lisa Terkeurst, and "Dancing with my Father" by Sally Clarkson {Still}. Those are non-nook books :) On the ol' Nook its still "Little Men" by Louisa May Alcott.


On my TV:::
Ugh. Not much. Is it just me or is almost every show on TV just disgusting? The new season of The Office starts this week {sans Michael}. The hubs and I might give it a shot...but, we don't have high hopes. :/

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Sweet & Hot Pork Stir Fry
Tuesday - Left Over night!!! {my family just looooves this} NOT.
Wednesday - No cook night, youth group - usually includes a swing through Wendys.
Thursday - Chicken Pot Pie
Friday - Teen Retreat
Saturday - Teen Retreat
Sunday - Teen Retreat

Wow, this week is seriously easy for this momma cooking wise. Tis the retreat season!

On my to do list:::
Laundry, get these ever-loving toys in order, order new fam pics to replace in frames {my almost 8 month old still has NO representation}, goodwill drop off, begin tax prep. Ick.

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Found an old ladder and several old boards in my garage this weekend...thinking I could make something out of them. we'll see.

Looking around the house:::
It looks like the Barbie store exploded in my living room. Endless toys...endless. My recent coupon cutting spree is adding to the disaster, as well.

From the camera:::
Nada. I'm hoping to save pennies and buy a camera that actually takes good pics. But, from my sis-in-laws camera... we have my darling 3 yr old and her sweet cousin in their new aprons and "binoculars" as Ava calls them. :)


Something fun to share:::
(maybe you saw something on Pinterest you would like to share with others, maybe there's a place you want to go visit, or a restaurant you want to try out or a certain item you have been wanting to buy)


I've been thinking of joining up with a BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) group here locally. After a few discouraging weeks, some friend recommended it. Looks awesome and I'm hoping it works out. Anyone else do any of these?


On my prayer list::: (anyone you are praying for or yourself if you're in need of prayer)
-My dear friend Sandy in PA struggling in her pregnancy. Such a scary time.
-My 5 cell group teen girls. Always asking God for wisdom as I lead them and wisdom for them as they grow up and mature.
-Teen retreat this week, praying for changed lives and soft hearts...and a BIG turnout. My hubs has put SO much work into this.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Cannot get away from Galatians 3:3 lately. It's nothing of myself. I can't ADD to my salvation.


Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE my Nook! I have had it a little over a year now and have received over 300 books for free - mostly from Christian authors. Are you familiar with books on the knob blog? If not, make sure to check it out! Tons of Kindle stuff - but if you keep going back there is plenty of good stuff for the Nook too!

Have a great week,

Sherry

Sandra said...

LOL I giggled at your "looks like a barbie store exploded" hahahah

I have a Kindle and have just had it for not even two weeks and have a gazillion books on there LOL