Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday

It's Monday! My weekend was crazy-busy-nuts as we headed to our annual teen retreat SUBZERO! We had such an awesome time of worship, play, and just hang time with our teens. I left feeling completely exhausted but refreshed. Unfortunately, I'm completely hoarse today... which my 3 year old thinks is hilarious. Ha. Ha. Bring on the hot tea and honey for this momma! And now for some Homemaker Monday updates :)



The weather::: Still so strangely warm and sunny. I'm getting used to bright sunshine in January. :) I think the animals are confused - poor squirrels.



On my reading pile::: "Made to Crave" still, "Dancing with my Father" still, and "One bite at a time" on my Nook by Tsh Oxenreider. A-mazing.



On my TV::: Off! Hoping to keep it that way all day.



On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Taco Soup and homemade Oatmeal bread

Tuesday - Chicken Marinara & salad

Wednesday - X

Thursday - Salsa Sloppy Joes and Pasta salad

Friday - Cauliflower soup and biscuits

Saturday - Ham with cherry glaze and Green beans w/pine nuts!

Sunday - Chicken Pot Pie :)

{btw, I'm MORE then happy to direct you to these recipes if you are interested. Right now all of them are taken from Quick Cooking - you can find them online, I'm positive, but show some comment love and I can respond that way too - just leave your email or a link back to your blog.}




On my to do list::: Once upon a time our vacuum broke...true story. So, I'm researching NEW options! Then there's always laundry, general tidying, prepping dinner, etc.



What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating::: I actually am working on a baby blanket :) Or, it may end up just being a blanket. Found some random brown yarn in a drawer...just went to town :)



Looking around the house::: Hubs decided to share a pack of saltines with our children while I was at Target this morning. Needless to say the fact that we currently don't have a working vaccum and he shared saltines... dis.aster.



From the camera:::

Well, again, not from mine...but, from hubs phone - a pic of our group at the retreat this weekend. I'm the goofy squatting one second from the left. Apparently I did NOT get the memo to stand normally.



Something fun to share::: Just get on pinterest. Seriously. I'll never have to think again. :)


On my prayer list::: Friend Sandy still battling with her pregnancy. She's reached 20 weeks and dr's have found some separation of the placenta from her uterus. We have hope that God works a miracle! Also, always praying for my teen girls... specifically for the ones who are FIGHTING GOD and trying to do this life on their own.



Bible verse, Devotional::: Today Gal. 5 has been encouraging - reminding me that we have to live in the Spirit so we aren't tempted to follow our own lusty flesh!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Great post! Very glad to hear you all had such a wonderful time at the retreat. Hope your voice comes back soon!!!!

I can't imagine what saltines & no vaccuum is like. Geeze, that must be a mess. Poor hubby's never think do they?

Prayers for your friend & your teens.

Have a good week!

Unknown said...

I so feel your pain about the vacuum :/ I have 2 and neither of them working right! And a boy with a penchant for getting popcorn - everywhere....

Have a blessed week!

Sherry

Sandra said...

I hear you on the vacuum, mine broke right before Christmas so hubby went out and got me a Hoover from the pet series, I love it.

Hoover Pet Series

Have a great week :)