Tuesday, August 14, 2012

7 years together

To the rest of the world August 13th was just another Monday. 
But to the people in this picture it's a very special day - 
our anniversary. :) 
7th anniversary, to be specific. 

Date nights are few and far between and we are thankful for the chance to get out when we can. We treated ourselves to dinner out and spent the whole time chatting, laughing, planning, remembering. There were no small children to control or redirect or quiet. It was... lovely. Just us. 

After dinner we went for coffee and continued on with chatting and laughing. It feels so good to laugh with your spouse. We NEED to do that more often. I am married to an amazing man and I'm so very thankful for him. 

In the last 7 years we've shared so many experiences together. 3 pregnancies, two births, 4 cars, 5 apartments/homes, 2 states, multiple jobs, various friends and relationships, near empty bank accounts, times of plenty, lots of laughter, a few tears, much growth. It has all been worth it. 

We have so much, still, to learn. But I am so thankful and in awe that I get to do that with my husband. 
What a gift he is to me. 

No comments: