Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Someday.


My heart hurts today. I keep hearing person after person that is going through major life pains. Sicknesses and hardships and unimaginable heart break. And I can't help but walk around in this state of prayer asking God "if THIS pleases you" and "if THIS is your will"... let it be done. 

This morning I woke up and read in Mark 6, the passage I turn to often when I begin to feel stressed out or worried or tempted to despair. We, as believers, are told not to worry about our lives - what we'll wear or eat. We are told not to worry about tomorrow. And later we are told to ASK, SEEK, KNOCK. The Lord hears us and cares for us and loves us. And yet sometimes... the answers are still NO. And we have to keep on believing and living Christ. And it's hard. But, He is worthy. 

The song by Nichole Nordeman has come into my mind several times today - and I'm continually comforted in knowing that this pain won't last forever. Someday all things WILL fall into place. We will be with Christ. I'm so grateful today to be resting in the hands of my Abba Father, Jesus. And I'm comforted in knowing... He's GOT this. He's got in all under control. 

Someday

I believe in the rest of the story

I believe there's still ink in the pen
I have wasted my very last day
Trying to change what happened way back when


I believe it's the human condition

We all need to have answers to why
More than ever, I'm ready to say that I
Will still sleep peacefully
With answers out of reach from me until


Someday all that's crazy

All that's unexplained
Will fall into place

And someday all that's hazy
Through a clouded glass
Will be clear at last
And sometimes we're just waiting
For someday


We are born with a lingering hunger

We are born to be unsatisfied
We are strangers who can't help but wander
And dream about the other side of


Every puzzle's missing piece

Every unsolved mystery
More than half of every whole
Rests in the Hands that hold you for someday

No comments: