Mexican Lasagna (in almost no time!)
1 c. chopped onion
1 t. minced garlic
1 t oil of choice
4 c. cubed cooked chicken
3 (10oz) cans enchilada sauce
15 oz. ricotta cheese
1/2 c. minced cilantro
12 no cook lasagna noodles
16 oz. shredded fiesta blend cheese1) In large skillet, cook onion & garlic in oil until tender.
2) Stir in chicken and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 mins or until slightly thickened.
3) Meanwhile, in another bowl combine eggs, ricotta and cilantro.
4) Spead 3/4 c. chicken mix into greased 9x13 dish. Layer with 3 noodles, 2/3 c. ricotta mix, another 3/4 c. chicken mix and 1 c. shredded cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and shredded cheese.
5) Cover and bake at 375 for 30 mins. Uncover; bake additional 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand to cool and serve.
A couple of notes about this recipe:
-I REALLY like flavor. You can't leave out the cilantro! And, I personally felt like the chicken meat was lacking something...when I make this again I will cook my cubed chicken pieces in cumin, I think, or maybe chili powder. But, if you prefer a more mild approach the above recipe does the trick.
- going along with flavor - I used mild enchilada sauce...but it comes in ALL forms, including a really spicy one and even a green chili one. So, be creative and make to your liking.
-Lastly, there are no veggies in this...which bothers me. Especially when dinner is how I hide veggies in things so Brad...er, I mean... Ava will eat things :) I think this would be good with a can of corn thrown in - or maybe Hominy or.... even diced tomatoes/peppers blend.
Enjoy! Arriba arriba!