Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods: very cold, still icy and more snow on the radar



One of my simple pleasures: hot coffee with flavored creamer 1st thing in the morning.

On my bedside table: well, on the floor by my bed is still "A lamp to my feet" by E.Elliot

On my TV: OFF!

On the menu for tonight:Cheesy rice, broccoli and ham casserole and maybe some pumpkin spice pudding

On my "to do" list: laundry, tidying the entire house and mopping the kitchen floor
New Recipe I tried last week: Sausage Lasagna

In the craft basket: well, er... I still have a few terra cotta pots waiting to become snowmen

Looking forward to: bible study tonight with Jessie!

Homemaking Tip for this week: be consistent with "laundry day". Opens up the rest of your week and if nothing else causes you to feel super accomplished - even if all that got done was the laundry!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): Really appreciating Tiffany's heart during her family's transition over at A Moment Cherished. (link on your left somewhere) Most all of us have gone through transitions...she speaks what all of our hearts think, at some point.


Favorite photo from last week: Well, obviously not from this past week - but, still one of my faves. Ava was so little and this feels like forever ago. The paci looks so big!
Lesson learned the past few days: We are called to be GOD PLEASERS not man pleasers. Even in ministry it seems people are only happy when you are pleasing them - I must stand firm in doing what the Lord leads me to do.

On my Prayer List: "Aunt" Jean and her unexplainable pain, Jessica Johnson as she helps her husband during what appears to be the end days of his cancer, and our teens.
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
I'm still reading through "Surrender" and being reminded of the over arching idea of - we are bondslaves to Christ. Nothing of ourselves and deserving of nothing. Serving because that is our expectation - looking for no reward or applause afterward.

No comments: