Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods: Ah, looks like it will be nice and calm this week - in the 80's! Perfect weather for the IOWA STATE FAIR!


One of my simple pleasures: A few uninterrupted minutes to read some blogs and sip my coffee.


On my bedside table: Only 3 more chapters of Little Women!!!


On my TV: Dinosaur Train - Ava is half watching/half coloring...


On the menu for tonight: I dunno...something on a stick! Fair food here we come!



On my To Do List: LAUNDRY DAY - and man the stain stick will be busy!


New Recipe I tried last week: Tex Mex pasta only with ground turkey and a boat load of spices, not turkey sausage. That stuff is expensive!!


In the craft basket: Looking for ribbon for Ava's "A" hanging thing for the door - and, considering making the porch curtains this week.



Looking forward to: Summer Slow Down bible study tonight with my 7-9 grade girls :)



Homemaking Tip for this week: Just do something. ;)


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): I really enjoy reading the Mom Advice here from Rebecca, and looks like this week she'll be covering sibling rivalry - something anyone with more then 1 kid could care about.



Favorite photo from last week:
{I just love summer and fall time flowers :) Lake Ann had so many to take pics of!}

Lesson learned the past few days: My husband listens more then I think he does. I had only mentioned one teeny tiny little time how nice it might be to have some nice parfume "someday"... and would you believe on our anniversary night he handed me a little VS bag with their new parfume in it! He's good that one!


On my Prayer List: My sis in law in GA preggo with #2 while my brother is in Afghanistan.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses: Almost done with Espresso with Esther devo book. It's been pretty good - good historical content that I never knew before.

No comments: