Tuesday, August 24, 2010

*still building this home*

Wa-hoooooo!
We finally got our furniture!
I don't think it's bad to say that I'm a teensy bit excited!
Here's a before shot of our living room - once we ridded ourselves of "the beast".
(a 200 pound hide-a-bed couch)

And here is the special delivery!
Our very first brand new couch...ever! It's a 2 piece sectional. Microfiber, and has a "pilly" texture... so nothing EVER shows up on it - well, minus some fuzz.



Ava has already made herself at home - and refuses to let me take even one picture without her climbing all over it! We so so blessed to own such a luxury and I can't wait to have people in our home to enjoy it with us! Thank you Lord for such a gift!

And, I would be a bad wife if I didn't mention the awesome
job my hubby did in our dining room...
He took the span of a few days and turned our plain white dining room
into... Well, let's do some before and afters. Much more fun.









We love the color and how it just makes the room feel so warm. I love the earth tones (of course) and how it completes our first floor! With a red kitchen, "spice cake" living room, and "ancient copper" dining room... things are finally starting to feel like "ours". It's such a fun challenge to put together a home!


Now we are looking for a semi-retro, antique but not antique-looking hanging light fixture for the dining room. Right now we haven't seen even one that we liked - and are open to suggestions.

Making this big ol' house into a home is quite the project... I'm so thankful for my "home building" partner, my husband. He's such a hard working guy and it never fails that on days when I have zero energy left...he comes home with tons - and does things like, well, the entire dining room! Love you Babe!

3 comments:

beccarankin said...

it's beautiful! Love, love, love the couch!

Tiffany said...

Looks great, Mandi! I am a huge fan of warm colors, too! I think they are sooo homey!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Beautiful, Mandi! I love it! The colors are so warm and inviting! I can only imagine that it smells wonderful, too! :)