Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentines Day...for the less-then-crafty momma

Valentines Day. Another one of those awesome opportunities to be a blessing to your family through little celebrations, gifts or home baked goodies! I love it! Not to mention all the pink, hearts and fluffy stuff! :) I'm a girlie-girl through and through. :)


Brad's gift from Ava was created, purchased and wrapped at least for 2 weeks now. I'm SOOO excited for him to open it - maybe more excited then he is. Ah well. I'll share what it is after it's been given, just in case he's reading this... hey, you never know!


As I wandered the aisles of Michaels the other day with my little one, trying to think of creative ideas for a 2 year old to do for Valentines... I was slightly overwhelmed. I WANT to be the kind of momma that provides creative opportunities. I WANT to teach Ave's how to make holidays special and at least semi-homemade. I DON'T, however, have buckets of extra energy at this point... or extra creativity on reserve. So - I put the glitter paints back on the shelf. {sigh} Another day, or, year, I thought. We also put back several scrap pages, fancy this n' that, etc.


As we turned the cart to head down another aisle - THERE was the answer to my question. A simple pack of plain, white, heart cut out cards and white envelopes! Genius! We quick grabbed a few packs of clearance stickers, a pack of washable markers and home we went. This is the best idea I've had in a few days. :) Ava loved decorating her valentines, loved using markers like a big girl, and I loved watching! A win-win! I helped her put some "Valentiney" words on the hearts with our fun letter stickers and then she just went to town. I know Grandma's and Grandpa's are going to love these home-made love letters from a very special little girl.

The night before Valentines day I'm planning to attempt for the very-first-time some homemade, from scratch, cinnamon rolls. I love the idea of waking up early and putting those things in the oven so the scent drifts up to wake my sleeping family. We'll see. However, I'm pretty sure Pillsbury makes a good Cinnabon roll out kind, too. ;P

No comments: