Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday!




The weather in my neck of the woods: The sun is out...that's all that matters! Love opening the shades and letting it stream in!




Things that make me happy: Finding a "new" verse in Proverbs that just strikes the right chord.




Book(s) I'm reading: "Dug Down Deep" by Joshua Harris, "One Thousands Gifts" by Ann Voskamp and "A womans high calling" by Elisabeth George




What's on my TV today: Today, since I'm scurrying around doing laundry, etc. Ava is watching Sesame Street!




On the menu for dinner: Tortellini and Ham :)



On my To Do List: Laundry, tidy the downstairs, paint more of the big girl room, organize pans and tupperware cupboards.




New Recipe I tried or want to try soon: Pierogi Beef Skillet was YUM this weekend! I love everything Taste Of Home does!




In the craft basket: Painting Ava's new room... spray painting some vases for the dining room... and, trying my hand at making some canvases. We'll see.




Looking forward to this week: Playgroup on Wednesday at church!




Tips and Tricks: DO NOT under any circumstance paint in your favorite maternity shirt. YOU WILL get paint on it...no matter how meticulous you paint.




My favorite blog post this week: Well, from Feb. 16th...but, I love this post by Ann Voskamp on "The way a mother can make peace with time." It really is something... and tear jerking.




Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers): No exploring done this week...sorry :/




No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):



But don't I ALWAYS add words....
Took this pic from our hotel room during the Thrive Marriage conference with our church. This is our "home" town :)


Lesson learned the past few days: The Lord mends and heals broken hearts...in His own time and way. He draws near to us and sends people and words into our lives... to cover the pain. And I'm grateful.


On my mind: I'm having a baby in just over 10 weeks!


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses: This morning I was reading Prov. 28 and came across vs. 16. "He who trusts in his own heart is a FOOL, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered." WOW.


No comments: