Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday

 
Happy Monday fellow homemakers! I have some ladies popping over this morning and I'm looking forward to another week! If you aren't familiar with Happy Homemaker Monday or where it comes from - take a minute and check out Sandra's blog over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. I love reading her blog - great recipes, pictures, homemaking ideas, pretty things!
 
The Weather::: 
This morning I stepped out onto the front porch just to enjoy the "warmer" morning. I think we'll be in the 40's for a few days! And then.... I heard a rumor about 21 inches of snow possibly coming on Thursday. Oh, let it be so! :)

Right now I am:::
Watching hubby chase around a stinky baby that does not want changed! hehehehe. 

Thinking:::
I am so disappointed with the season finale of Downton. {Sandra, you were right!!} Still annoyed over it this morning.

On my reading pile:::
Planning to finish "The Hole in our Holiness" by Kevin DeYoung
"Where is your pineapple" by Raelene Phillips

On my TV:::
Girls are watching "Charlie and Lola" - cute British kids show.

Favorite blog post this week:::
Ah, so enjoyed this one from The Better Mom on loving God's word.


Something fun to share:::
Lemme take us all back about 15 years. Books on tape! We have a dvd player in our van and my girls constantly want to watch their lives away... Recently I've found the books on tape section in our church library and I'm enjoying the variety. Fiction. Nonfiction. Biographies. I love that my girls will sometimes sit very still and quiet and just drink in what they hear - truth! Wondering if we should invest in some Adventures in Odyssey or similar stories. 

On the menu this week:::
I feel like I'm cooking HEAVY this week. But, hoping to put some of these away in the freezer for later.
 
Monday - Lime chicken tacos
Tuesday - Sloppy Joe Supper
Weds- leftovers
Thursday- Beefy broccoli & cheese soup
Friday- Zesty taco salad
Saturday- Beef stroganoff casserole
Sunday- Hamburger casserole

On my to do list:::
Unload and reload dishwasher
Wipe down counters
Tidy up clutter on main floor


What I am crocheting or creating:::
 Still working on my two little crochet projects

Homemaking Tips:::
Show hospitality often! This is great accountability in keeping up with your housework and getting kids involved in getting everything ready. 
 
Looking around the house:::
Baskets of laundry all cleaned and folded, ready to be put away. Two girls watching their morning cartoon. Scentsy warmer is glowing and getting ready to smell amazing!
 
From the camera:::
My Valentines day "spur of the moment" bunting! Was so proud of myself for sewing up this little special touch!
 
On my prayer list:::
Pregnant friends - in all stages.
Family requests kept private for now
Our pastors serving the Lord in our local church
 
Devos, scripture:::
Just so challenged and enjoying the book of Acts - Especially their example of taking care of each other!

1 comment:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I linked up! :) I love reading this each week, but doing it myself made me realize how organized you are! Seriously, meal plans, intentional reading material, blog reading and goals...I gotta get on the ball! ;)