Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Homemaker Monday
We are in VBS mode around here this week - as we started up last night for this 5 day event. Busy! The kids are having a blast and I think the cool weather may be a blessing in disguise as we pack 180+ students into the church! I'm working in the infant nursery this week and always enjoy cuddling and loving on the littlest ones. :) BIG NEWS for us is... we sold our home! Our closing date is July 24th. Crazy. Right now we don't know what's next - but, we trust in the Lord and His direction for our lives. What a great hope. Happy Monday to you and yours. 

The weather....
Um, I'm freezing. It's mid 60's, breezy, but SUNNY! Summer clothes have been unpacked {it is June afterall} and there is no going back. Will just throw on some socks and a cardigan :) 

Right now I am....
Avoiding cleaning my kitchen. :) 
 
Thinking....
My friend Emily had a really great and honest blog post this morning about house size and hospitality. I so often get trapped into the same types of thinking... Check that post out here

On my reading pile....
"Glimpses of Grace" by Gloria Furman

Book of Acts in the Bible.

On my TV.....

Nothing. But, David Nevue's new album, "Open Sky" is out now and I'm happily listening to that while I type here. It's wonderful and SO relaxing! Take a listen here. If you are familiar at all with Ann Voskamp's blog - she uses the another of his records for her blog background music. :) 

What I found while surfing the net....
 Ladies... you MUST sneak a peak over at Domestic Kingdom. Gloria Furmans blog. I am loving her book and loving her gospel centered blog. Another link for that blog - here.

On the menu for this week....
Simple, kid friendly meals this week - tonight, angel hair, chicken and broccoli. The rest of the week will be a scavenge through the fridge week :) 

On my to do list
....

start packing :) 
tidy downstairs
make meal for some friends.
finish up study lesson for bible study tomorrow

In the craft basket....
almost done with my yellow, white and brown crocheted blanket! 

Looking forward to this week....    
VBS! 
My mom is coming in this weekend! 

Looking around the house.... 
I have a yummy yankee candle burning downstairs, hiding the smell of a kitchen that needs cleaning. That's allll  I'm saying. :) 

From the camera....
Photo
I cannot handle the fact that my baby is two. I love every second with her. 

On my prayer list.....  
Finding a place to rent
Saving up $ for the next house
VBS to go well, salvation for children
 Bible verse, Devotional...
So so thankful for the reminder in Acts 17 about the God we serve. 
24 “God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 25 Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. 26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ 29 Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. 30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Congratulations on the house, how exciting :)

I love Ann Voskamp.

Thank you for the link to the other blog post about hospitality, great read :)