Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December Menu Planning

Is anyone else enjoying these 15 degree days we've been having around good ol' Iowa? :) I know, I know... probably not. The snow fell and we have a beautiful coating of white just in time to celebrate Christmas #1 with my parents who are driving in from Ohio this weekend. It's the little things like that.

I've been lousy at menu planning lately. Considering that nothing sounds good and we've had lots of little meals here and there for different events, it's been ok. But, it's my goal for the remainder of the month to get something yummy and somewhat healthy on the table through the 23rd. But the ultimate goal is COMFORT and togetherness type meals. (baby steps) Instead of my normal routine of picking a cook book and working my way through - I'm using Pinterest to cook up all those things I've pinned and have yet to try. I'm sharing my plan with you today, and would love to hear what kinds of good things you have planned for your fam this month. I'll put up a few pics of the items for the rest of week one, then the rest will simply be a link to the recipe in case you'd like to give it a go! But, all can be found online.

12 - Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole

13- Black bean & corn chili with cornbread
30 Minute Corn & Black Bean Chili Recipe--by far the best black bean chili I have ever had. Salsa verde & cilantro add great fresh flavor....it so easy to make & SO good!

14 - Out to eat with my parents :)
15 - Tuscan Garlic chicken over linguine
Tuscan Garlic Chicken.

16 - 5 year old birthday for my girl, her choice!
17 - Ham and Cheese pinwheels
18 - "South" Dish
19 - Lasagna Soup
20 - Pizza Roll Up's
21 - Chicken Broccoli Casserole
22 - Chili Jack Casserole
23 - BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad


Well, that does it for my list through the 23rd. I'm eager to bless and WOW my family with some yummy dinner time meals, especially since our dinner hour hasn't been much lately. December menu planning made easy with the use of lovely technology and the brains of many women sharing their recipes - how great is that!?

No comments: