Saturday, December 21, 2013

On my Tree. {weepy momma is at it again}

Precious handmade ornaments
I had some time this afternoon to sit and finish wrapping the rest of our gifts to our children. In typical hormonal prego woman style, I found myself feeling emotional and weepy as I stacked gifts neatly under and around the tree. The Lord has provided for us this year in such HUGE ways - ways we can clearly see and announce "Praise God" look what He has done. For one, living in this home is enormous. I pray we never take for granted how the Lord sold our last one and pretty much flopped this one in our laps. Space. A yard. A basement we can use. All our real needs and even some wants checked right off the list. We are so thankful. Add to that TWO working automobiles that are paid off, money to pay bills and have extras - and that's where I'm going today. The extras.


As I wrapped up the gifts I couldn't help but feel washed over with thanksgiving. Though we will never be millionaires, I feel like we are giving lavishly this year to our kids. We are able to get a few things that I know the girls will really enjoy and I cannot wait to see their reactions on Christmas morning. I really can't want to explain to them that we give gifts to them BECAUSE of God's gift to us, His son, Jesus! What an easy thought for a child to capture. What a thought that this momma needs to meditate on more often. So, I wrapped and teared up, wiped my nose on my sleeve and just cried out some thanks to our faithful God who allows us these good things in life. I am humbled when I look under our tree at the neatly wrapped packages and think back to other years when weren't able to wrap any, really. And this keeps going through my mind - of God's lavish love towards us. So much more than any earthly gift.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,  even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,  to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.  In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,  which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ  as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth."  Ephesians 1:3-8

In my quiet moment I took note of each ornament and memory we have made as a family. So precious to think back, remember, and give thanks. 
The first earth born baby

My mom's creativity

Before kids. Who are those young folks?

What a thought.
From my home to yours today, Merry Christmas. Treasure the moments. 

No comments: