Thursday, April 15, 2010

"...I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace."
Ephesians 4:1-3

Scripture.
It just won't get out of my head.
And, thank the Lord for that.


This morning, as I rose early to seek that all important time with my God (alone)... this verse was streaming through my brain. (and, yes, really me... at 10 of 7am. and no, not cocoa...but caramel truffle roast coffee) You know you love the bloodshot eyes, too.


"A life worthy of the calling I've received"? Let's see.... wife? Check. Momma? Check. Pastors wife/youth leader? Check.Check.

Ok, Lord. "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." Pretty straight up commands. And, I've noticed that this passage doesn't slip in a "but, only if you aren't cranky". And, to be honest, I have been ca-rank-ey! :( I've been harsh with my husband. I've been disrespectful. I've been short tempered. Basically, the opposite of my "Calling". Tho, every book I've been reading lately mentions this topic - its so easy for me just to skim over it and plan to "work on it" later. {bother}

Today is the day. I WILL claim victory over myself! So thankful for the overly loud birds in our yard this morning that God used to pry me out of bed, EARLY, to get time alone with Him. And, thankful for this super cute little devo book my grandma gave me for Christmas many years ago.
I'm thankful for my cute little back porch steps that I can, with mug o' coffee, slip outside and soak up creation with its sounds and refreshment while looking into truth. Today I'm thankful for my calling. I'm thankful to be wife, momma and "the youth pastors wife". And I so want God to be glorified with my life.

No comments: