Sunday, April 4, 2010

We celebrate a RISEN Savior!

The day is drawing to a close. I don't know about you, but, I'm tired. I've shared the day with family that was fulfilling and precious. We shared a big meal, watched our little ones "hunt" for candy, had chit-chat in every room of the house... and just lived life together, a little slower and in no hurry to rush away. It was... sweet. All of the above mentioned followed an equally rewarding morning at our local church. We celebrated this Lord's RESURRECTION day with a special breakfast (well, two of them actually), special music and special people... all the while praying that today would be the day of salvation for so many of our lost visitors. This afternoon I hopped on Face Book for a few minutes to catch up and see what the rest of my "non-Iowa" family was up to today...hoping for a picture or two of nieces, cousins and grandparents. Mid search the chat thing popped up... "Hi Mandi!" exclaimed a very excited teen from our youth group. Her exclamation points led me to believe she wasn't just excited to chat with me... {LOL}... but something better was going on. And sure enough - this popped up quickly after my greeting, "You know my friend Hannah... she got saved this morning at church!". She went on to tell me the circumstances surrounding and I told her how excited I was for this news! I am so thankful for this tenderhearted teen girl who has been praying for this other teen girl - I'm thankful that she was excited about the salvation and eager to share this great news. I'm thrilled that the body of Christ grew by at least 1 today! (Tho, I'm sure many more were added I have yet to hear of...)

So, while I could go on and on about every little stinkin' cute detail of what Ava did today on her 2nd Easter (pics to follow). I'll end my words with saying - PRAISE BE TO GOD for rescuing us from the curse of Sin! Praise Him for the gift of salvation! Praise Him for forgiveness and a washing as white as snow! I am so thankful for the events of this day and that HE has RISEN so we can celebrate! Happy Easter!

3 comments:

becky said...

Praise the Lord for the salvation of that teen girl!! :)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Wow! Praise the Lord!

Ava is such a doll in her Easter outfit -- and the hat! Love it!

Tiffany said...

Oh,praise God!!! That is awesome.

Ava looks so sweet.