Thursday, July 8, 2010

Abundantly Satisfied

"How precious is Your lovingkindess, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
They are ABUNDANTLY SATISFIED with the
fullness of Your house,
And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light."
Psalm 36:7-9

This morning I rose early to purposely seek time alone with God. I've been battling with my selfishness so much lately, and my afternoon quiet times have become a huge temptation to sneak in a nap... which, truth be told, I cater to my ways way more often then the greater good. Bah!

But, Praise God, I had victory over my drooping eyelids and warm blankets this morning! As I sat on my back steps looking into the golden morning sky I kept thinking, "this IS my greatest satisfaction on this earth". Watching the Love of my husband, and caring for my daughter are all good and excellent things... but, they don't satisfy like my Jesus does. So I just sat. Still. I listened. I absorbed the truth of God's word and kept repeating, "abundantly satisfied".

The sun rose above the garage and burned its orange glow, birds were calling to each other and the slightest breeze blew through while I sat, alone, in thought with my God. And it was perfect. It was satisifying. And in the back of my mind I'm thinking... why don't I remember this all the time?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can I cry now or do I have to wait till later?