Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday!


The weather in my neck of the woods: Sticky and humid... and very dark outside. Perfect for naps, tho!
Things that make me happy: Hosting people in my home :)
Book I'm reading: Taking care of the Mommy in Me by Lisa Whelchel
What I'm enjoying on TV: We've rented like 4 Redbox movies the last few days... Loved "Young Victoria" and "Julie & Julia".
On the menu for dinner: Leftover Brats & corn on the cob from yesterday!
On my To Do List: Laundry and painting
New Recipe I tried or want to try soon: Pulled pork sammies (crock pot style)
In the craft basket: nada

Looking forward to this week: Nothing major on the calendar :)
Tips and Tricks: Vacuum hardwood or linoleum floors. Picks up all those hard to sweep hairs and tiny pieces so much faster!
My favorite blog post this week: Well, actually, its from today - I'm wishing I could be more handy with stuff like this. Check out this sewing project!
Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers): Nope, no time this week!
No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
SADNESS! MY DAUGHTER DELETED ALL MY PICS FROM THE 4th... ALAS, I HAVE NONE! :(

Lesson learned the past few days: When I'm in the Word... my mind is focused, challenged and convicted. This equals more love for my family and more discipline in my home.
On my mind: I'm tired. and, seriously bummed about those pics.
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses: Still reading through Psalms - loved the reminder this week to just "wait on the Lord". We all need to hear that.

No comments: