Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Making a house a home

Last year I had a post titled, "what to do with this room?"....
If you haven't read it - could you take a minute and do a quick review? :) Pretty please?

Now, fast forward to today. I'm almost done painting. It's taking FOREVER and a day, but, I'm almost done trimming it all up! Then to clean the windows from years of neglect (they are caked with dirt!!!), possibly pull up the lineoleum, etc...

Anyway, I cannot for the life of me think of what kind of window coverings to buy/make. I've searched BHG.com and Houzz.com and all those - and I like all the ideas...but, none seem practical or at my skill level. Anyone relate? I am thinking something sheer and the same length as the window itself, but, that can be pulled off to one side with a cute tie-back. And, then in my biggest dreams... cornices? I dunno.

So, you keepers of home and masters of design. Thoughts? Ideas? Easy sewing projects? What could work on alllll those windows?!

**we are going with wild honey & antique red / teal colors for the room... I think.

2 comments:

Kristi Stephens said...

Mandi, I made roman shades a few years ago... which took more thinking/ measuring than actual sewing skills. :) You could cover your windows relatively cheaply if you make them yourself!

I used this website - http://www.terrelldesigns.com/Instructions- but skipped most of the fancy (expensive) hardware and opted for simple eyehooks and dowel rods.

Happy planning!! I bet it's going to look lovely!

Mandi said...

Thanks Kristi! It also helps to know you have a similar house... :)