Monday, April 11, 2011

Growin' up is hard to do

If I were to be writing in my journal right now you may read something like this,
"UGH! I cannot believe our mortgage payment went up $100! Was not expecting that! How on earth will that work?!"
Or...
"Well, Hubs is off to the Gospel Coalition and I secretly dread single parenting for the next few days due to how tired I am."
Or maybe even...
"STILL not done with Ava's big girl room - seriously...?"


You see, lately I've really been struggling with focusing on POSITIVE and TRUTHFUL things. It seems like everything that could go wrong has been. All our bills seem to have increased, my hubs is gone for a few days putting extra pressure on me and I feel like I have 9 trillion things to do before this new baby comes. And truth is - I KNOW this is just how life goes sometimes.


So, instead of whining about these "grown up" situations - I want my goal this week to be to focus on the positive and good things going on in life. My own little "One thousand gifts".


- Starting a bible study with one of our teen girls on Wednesday! We'll be reading through "Passion and Purity" by Elisabeth Eliot and having some good accountability, etc.

- My parents are coming in just a little over a month to stay and help us with the new baby.

- I'm 35 weeks pregnant this week - just another week closer to meeting our newest addition!

- Our sewer situation seems to be resolved and paid for!

- It's looking and feeling more like spring, so more outside time!

- I have leftover Turkey meatloaf and mashed potatoes for lunch today... :)

- Still using up a gift card to a coffee shop, so, FREE mocha this morning!

- I have the unique opportunity of looking for and discovering NEW ways to cutting costs and living even more frugally at home due to our mortgage news. A great chance to learn more about stewardship, and a fun new challenge! {ok, realllly had to push to make that sound good}



Ever have these kinds of days and thoughts?

Let me tell you something... I'm so thankful for the Word of God on days when I just can't seem to focus. There is always an answer or a gentle reminder. Something always gets me back to reality. My verse for the day is:

“Christ carried our sins in his body on the cross so that freed from our sins, we could live a life that has God’s approval. His wounds have healed you.” - 1peter 2:24


Just the fact that I'm forgiven and healed from sin is ENOUGH! Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I'm right there with you...one boy needs tonsils/adenoids out, husband needs hernia surgery, front axle broke on jeep...oh, and we're having a fourth baby! Bah! BUT God IS faithful! It's so exciting to see all the good things that God is at work doing--it makes my groans pale in His glory! He knows what's going on--I'll hang on tight! Praying for you this week!

Unknown said...

Glad to see what you are up to. The internet is great for that. Joseph is at the same conference this week, but I had the opportunity to visit my family while he is there.