Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pear Custard Pie


I'm a custard loving girl. I like frozen custard, custard pies, custard whatever... I like it. :) I grew up enjoying my grandma's made-from-scratch custard pies with the nutmeg sprinkled on top. Oh so good. I know some people think custard is less then good, which, that's ok. But, if you like a good custard pie - you'll enjoy the recipe I'm sharing today! It's quick, easy and delicious.


Pear Custard Pie

1 frozen pie pastry crust (9in)

3 med. or 1 1/2 large pears, peeled and thin sliced

1 c. sugar

1/4 c. flour

2 eggs, lightly beaten

1 c. heavy whipping cream

1 t. vanilla


1) Place pears in the pastry crust. In a small bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in the eggs, cream and vanilla. Pour over pears.

2) Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.

3) Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.



While daddy isn't a big fan of pears, myself and this little goomba sure do love the stuff! :)



No comments: