Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday!



The weather in my neck of the woods: Outside my kitchen window - the thermometer reads in the 100's! Geesh! Let's just say... I'm not going anywhere.



Things that make me happy: Frozen Gogurts, happy baby in the swing, toddler napping.




Book I'm reading: "Loving the Little Years" by Rachel Jankovic. I could go on and on and on about that little book. Awesome.



What's on my TV today: It's off! But I so enjoy Brian Williams newscast at 5:30.



On the menu for dinner: Having some possible new youth leaders over tonight, which means... PIZZA ordered in! :) Gusto Pizza downtown is amazing!



On my To Do List: Search ads to see what I can score for free or cheap this week, laundry, general tidying, call to see why our mortgage went up. :/




New Recipe I tried or want to try soon: Hmmm... still using up leftovers and enjoying meals brought to us. God is so good. But I am eager to try out a new taco salad I found in a magazine.



In the craft basket: Well, we are putting up a new dining room light. Does that count?



Looking forward to this week: Aug's 2 month appointment tomorrow, Playdate Weds, GIRLS NIGHT on Friday! :) Looking forward to some time out of the house with friends.



Tips and Tricks: Potty Training our 2 year old is very interesting. I've found that positive reinforcement is working best. And reminding her of her older friends and how they "go" seems to make her more interested, too.



My favorite blog post this week: none.



Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers): failed on this one, too.



No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):



Lesson learned the past few days: After a 6 day stay in the hospital away from my spouse and babies and 2 months of sickness... I'm learning how important it is to lean on friends and family. God gave us an amazing church and ministry and I'm so thankful to call them "family".



On my mind: My friend Becca struggling with cancer. :( Praying for you Becca! And wondering what my blood tests this morning will reveal. Is Liver back to norm?



Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Loved the reminder from Proverbs 18 today that the man who is slothful or lazy in his work is just like someone who is a destroyer. I needed that reminder and motivation!





Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Love the pic, adorable adorable, makes me almost want another one LOL almost LOL

Hope you're having a great day.