Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy {sleepy} homemaker Monday!

It's Monday again! My girls are down for their afternoon nap, I have my space heater blowing directly on my freezing feet, and I'm planning a nap as soon as I'm doing sharing with you, my fellow homemakers :) It's a good day!


As I look outside my window:::
Bright blue sky, bright sun... and bitter cold. Winter in Iowa continues on as we experience a "blizzard" sans snow. A first in my life, I'm sure. 

Right now I am::: 
Taking a bloggy break here at the ol' desktop. Waiting to see if the UPS man is coming today - we have a few things we are waiting on!  

Thinking and pondering::: 
Why I left the Tigger movie on when my children are asleep? Ah, the mom life. Also wondering if my biggest girl really just has a cold... fingers crossed.

On my bedside table:::
"Letters to Pastors Wives" still, my One Year bible as I read through chronologically. 
 
On my tv tonight:::
Nothing. 

Listening to:::
Tigger and Piglet jabbering in the background. Ugh.  

On the menu for this week:::
Skipping this part this week. I have a LOT of catch up grocery shopping to do. 

On my to do list:::
Figure out why dishwasher is leaking... a lot.
Replace electrical box in the laundry room, after a small fire in it this weekend. (scary)
Fix or replace a toilet in our bathroom, annoying.
Unload dishwasher
Put clean clothes away


Plans for this week:::
Monday - Ballet class for the 5 year old, grocery trip?
Tuesday - cell group #1
Wednesday - Worship night with the teens
Thursday - cell group #2      
Friday - Taking a friend a new baby meal, GIRLS NITE with some friends.                                  

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Hoping to sit down and plan out valentines stuff this week. 
 
My simple pleasure:::

Leftover fettuccine alfredo for lunch, trying a new fruit (Pummelo), and running the steam vaporizer.  


Lesson learned the past week:::  
The weeks that my husband is on to preach for Sunday morning, I feel literally attacked from all sides. Physically, I don't feel well. I'm grumpier. My kids annoy me. My husband appears to need more and our house really falls apart... I shared this with my pastors wife lastnight and she assured me I'm not insane. So thankful that the Lord cares and sends people into my life to encourage and remind me of truth. Ready to pray and be on guard next time! 

Looking around the house:::
Oh the mess of young children and a sleepy, prego momma. This morning my girls had a cotton ball fight. That's allll I'm sayin'. 

From the camera:::


It's not fancy or well decorated or even big. But THIS kitchen is full of love and nothing warms my heart more than having friends, teens, and people over as often as possible.

Prayer List:::
New believers in our church who are making BIG decisions for God. So exciting.
This baby I'm carrying. Going into 22 weeks and really feeling some movement. :) 

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Wow, just so loving my read through the bible. I'm in Genesis and the story of Lot fleeing Sodom and Gomorrah right now. Our God HATES sin - great reminder. 

No comments: