Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Distractions.

Something is bothering me. I couldn't put my finger on just what it was... until about 2 seconds ago.

DISTRACTIONS.

We will celebrate this weekend, the low of Good Friday and remembering our Lord crucified in obedience to Father God for our good, and the High of resurrection Sunday - up from the grave he arose and still reigns!

But it seems many believers {self included} are caught up in distractions:

That red equal sign.
Abortion in our world.
Guns.
Actions of our president...and his wife.
What church is doing what and when and how.
Legalism.
Rob Bell's new stance on whatever.
Basketball.
Paleo vs. McDonalds...geesh.

So now, at least in my mind... I'm distracted. Daily. Instead of taking time to really ponder this holy week... I'm frustrated, irritated, and worrisome over things that really - I have zero control over. (ok, minus McDonalds!)

Satan never backs down. He would LOVE to distract us from the purpose of our weekend. He would love to see a bunch of believers fussing at each other over this-that-and-the-other-thing.

Let's work together and hold tight to our faith. Love people like Jesus did... and ignore the distractions to focus on Christ, RISEN, and reigning... and, by the way, totally in control.

No comments: