Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday

 
Well good morning my fellow Homemakers! Are we all Happy on this Monday morning? My entire family slept in today and it was glorious. Momma rolled out of bed after 8:30 - can you believe that?! My kids are so funny about time changes - they always seem to sleep better. I won't complain. Loads to do today and the little bit of extra sleep will be a big help! 

The Weather:::
We got more snow yesterday... so it's freezing and gray and snowy. I really can't complain, though, my children are beginning to get some serious need-for-spring. 

Right now I am:
Chillen at the dining room table surrounded by stacks of folded laundry that never made it upstairs. Finishing my Veranda Blend coffee and enjoying my new pottery barn faux flowering branch centerpiece.

Thinking:
How cute my kids are. The "baby" is sitting here eating another bowl of cereal, just as cute as they come. I love my children.

On my reading pile:::
"I used to be so organized" by Glynnis Whitwer
Book of Acts in the bible
Starting "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst{again} with a friend this week. Gotta shed some lbs and get a right mindset about food - this book is SO helpful!
And lastly, finishing "The Furious longing of God" by Brennan Manning on my NOOK

On my tv::: 
We are still trying to catch "The Bible" on Sunday nights - pretty good.
Duck Dynasty :) Seriously - so funny, clean, and just generally entertaining! 

Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other):::
I LOVED Sandra's recipe for the Olive Garden soup :) Need to try this at home!


Also, still really loving "Becoming a woman of influence". I seem to forget just how much of an impact a GODLY wife is on her family - namely, her husband. 

And one more - {I had some major blog reading time this weekend}
I'm intrigued by this post on lactation cookies.... Supposedly, they aid in helping nursing momma's produce more milk. I've never done really well with nursing - and Lord willing we have a third...plan to give these a go! Raising Mighty Arrows has that post here

Something fun to share:::
Working on some Easter projects and decor for the next few weeks. I really want to make this holiday a BIG deal for my children. The holiday we celebrate our saviors death, burial, and resurrection. It's a BIG deal! Pinterest has a ton of ideas! This "Risen" bunting is on my "must do" for this week. 
He is risen banner.   love that its tiny and on print.
Not so much the wreath or butterflies, etc. But love the small banner - thinking it will do nicely by the kitchen window or above the TV. ???

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Tortilla Casserole
Tuesday - Biscuits and gravy {improv...found a yummy Pioneer woman recipe this a.m.}
Wednesday - *need to do some grocery shopping for the rest of the week
Thursday
Friday -
 Saturday -
Sunday -

On my to do list:::
Taxes. STILL. {ugggghhhh}
Lots of housework
Carrying all 18 month and younger clothes bins to the basement. {seriously, my baby turns 2 soon!?}
Write up a grocery list
pay bills
Call AES to discuss student loan stuff. {ugggghhhhh}

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still have my two small blankets I'm crocheting when I get a chance.
This weekend I did a quick swing through Michaels and realized just how un-crafty I am... got discouraged, went home, had a pity party... and now I'm back to wanting to try again. :) 

Homemaking Tips:::
Fold laundry standing up - preferably near a table where stacks can sit that are folded. This keeps me from getting sleepy and wanting to just keep sitting. And, once my stacks are done I can just keep the motion going and put them away. Gasp! Think of that! :)

Looking around the house:::
It was a messy weekend. We did little to no picking up after ourselves and church was cancelled last night due to weather - so, it's a mess in here.  Fingers crossed that no visitors pop in! {oh, that's horrible to think}

From the camera:::
Seriously, my kids... cannot get enough of their cuteness. 
On my prayer list:::
Family. Mom recovery from cancer surgery in Ohio.

Brother making life decisions in GA.
Us, thinking of moving to another home... someday. 

Bible verse, Devotional:::

I shared this on facebook this morning - 

"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations" Deuteronomy 7:9 

Same God. Same promises. He is risen and coming again!



3 comments:

melanie said...

Had to come and say hello to a fellow Iowan when I saw your link at Sandra's :)

I like the "He is risen" banner too! Have you ever made 'resurrection rolls' for your kiddos? Wrap sweet roll dough around a big marshmallow - when you bake, the marshmallow melts so you have an 'empty tomb'

Anonymous said...

Hey friend! Thought I'd tell you that I've made and really liked Lactation Cookies. Unfortunately, they did little to actually help with nursing, but they're a healthy alternative and my kids liked them, too. Give 'em a whirl...I bet you'll like them. :-)

Sandra said...

I have a banner I made for Easter a few years back, it doesn't say He is risen, but Jesus, Given for you.... etc. Really cute, I'll post a picture later because I'm actually putting it up today :)

Hope you have a wonderful week.