Saturday, May 18, 2013

Glimpses of Grace


I have had one of those weeks where only today I'm sitting alone reflecting, in the cool breeze of the day, under a tree... recoiling at how bad my attitude has been, how quick my tongue and temper, and how absolutely unloving I've been. Been there? It all started on Mothers Day night - I let expectations get the better of me {that's all I'm sayin'}, and I should know better by now. Since that night I have felt sad and grumpy, irritable and just out of control. My lack of love for those around me also seeped into our home - laundry sat undone, dishes in the sink, every little thing left undone. My heart has been so hard and uncaring. The Lord has faithfully been chipping away at me and reminding me of truth. For this I am thankful. 

It's no coincidence that the book you see above was placed in my hands around midweek. :)
One quick read of the back cover and I was in tears. Because even though I SO desire to be the kind of wife and momma who is treasuring and teaching the gospel in my home... so often my intentions are left wanting. Relate? 

So I'm digging in. The intro alone has me nodding my head and seeing my NEED. I LOVE this portion that I read last night - 

"We live in God's world, we're made in God's image, and we interact with other people who have eternal souls. That makes theology vastly important and immensely life changing in our everyday mundane. Theology is for homemakers who need to know who God is, who they are, and what this mundane life is all about."

Sister, lemme tell you... the mundane was flat out getting under my SKIN this week and I needed this fresh air of a reminder to my soul. I'm not being paid to say these things or push for this book - but, if you have the spare bucks - it WILL be worth the read. I'm already encouraged and feeling motivated to treasure the gospel in my home and pass that on to my children. Who, by the way... are anything but mundane this week. :)

1 comment:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Oh, friend I am right there with you! Going to be requesting this book from the library ASAP!