Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Homemaker Monday
I'm pretty sure that in the last 2 days all of the trees, plants and flowers have decided to bloom and grow. It's SO beautiful out and there is SO much color! :) For this I am thankful. It's a slow day here - after a pretty busy week and weekend. The girls are down for this afternoon naps and I'm taking a quick break before busting into more cleaning/packing/organizing. Though I am tempted to grab a book and go lay in the sun all afternoon. Happy Monday to each of you! 

The weather.....
I saw it! The forecast has 94 on it for tomorrow! Woot woot! Then back in the 70's for the rest of the week. Folks, that's near perfect in my book. :) 

Right now I am....
Finishing my microwaved cuppa joe. Listening to THE loudest crow I've ever heard right outside my window - wow, that's quite a noise. 
 
Thinking....
I'm weary today. My heart hurts, but, that's life sometimes.

On my reading pile....
On my Nook - "Georgiana Darcy's Diary (Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice con't)" 
by Anna Elliot.
I came across this book lastnight for FREE on my Nook. The lady is taking some liberty and just making up some story involving Mr. Darcy's younger sister. It's cute and written in diary style - nothing fancy, but, fun to read so far. It's 510 pages...I'll let you know if it's worth continuing on in. :) 

In paper - "Made to Crave" by Lysa, still. Going through this again with some girlfriends. GREAT reminders on how to crave the Lord, rather then unhealthy eating habits!


On my TV.....
Nothing. No plans.

What I found while surfing the net....
Well, hubby's phone is slowly recovering from it's quick bath in the sink full o' soap suds courtesy of me. {doh!} If you ever have this situation... follow the advice we used from this site. Who knew so many people dropped their iphones in water!?
 http://osxdaily.com/2013/04/11/dropped-iphone-into-water-save-damage/

On the menu for this week....
Thankful we are in grad party mode around here... we love going to each open house and enjoying all the goodies! But, for now...
Monday - Cantelope Soup & cinnamon rolls
Tuesday - Sweet & sour pork {over rice}
Wednesday - Cookout @ church!
Thursday - Meatloaf and rice
Friday - Easy Lasagna
Saturday - Cheeseburger Soup
Sunday - Chicken & Sausage Etouffee 

These are all Gooseberry Patch recipes, as I'm cooking through one of their cookbooks. You can find all the recipes on their site. :) 

On my to do list....
General tidying of downstairs
Unload and reload dishwasher
start laundry
tidy up back yard toys
Clean out van & vacuum
Grocery shop for the week
Plan out birthday details for my baby girl, who is turning TWO on friday. What?!  

In the craft basket....
None. No thing happening in this department.
Oh wait, I lied...
attempting to turn a pair of my 4 year olds skinny jeans into shorts :) Thanks to a lovely gaping hope in the knee they get a trim. She thinks I'm the COOLEST mom because I'm recycling something, like Daniel Tiger did. Nice. I was thinking of doing something like this... with fabric scraps.
source: pinterest


Looking forward to this week....
Last week of youth group until our summer schedule. 
Cell group AND finding out the gender of our friends baby! 
Open houses and VBS meetings 

Looking around the house....
Intentionally cleaning and keeping things tidy due to our home being for sale has been WONDERFUL. It's looking ok around here. Need to make my bed and get this confounded bags of rice put away. {cell phone therapy}

From the camera....
My ladies and I at the Mall of America this weekend! They loved the rides! 

On my prayer list.....
The sale of our home - soon!
Peace in the home

No comments: