Thursday, February 6, 2014

This, that and the other thing.


I did a little online shopping this afternoon and now we wait. While online shopping is so great for scoring deals, etc., the waiting part is difficult, ya know? Today I was on a search for fabric and let me tell you... that, my friends, can be a dangerous game. We've lived in our home for 4 months now and are still using the metal mini blinds in the bed rooms, and nothing everywhere else. When we moved in we promised ourselves we would settle and make it HOME, but in the middle of the busy there just hasn't been time for the small touches. Since I have a new built in deadline (Aka: June baby), and after a visit in my friend's amazingly put together (on a budget) home, I'm feeling the motivation.

I'm hoping to try this easy, diy faux roman shade in the kitchen. I found the idea on Pinterest and I'm really, really, hoping it's as easy as it explains. Fingers crossed. Expectations low. I'm hoping to turn THIS burlap fabric (Shalimar Burlap natural)...

47" Shalimar Burlap Natural

Into THIS roman shade...
burlap jute twine curtains- these would look cute just above the window above the sink in the kitchen
Seriously. Be still my heart, how sweet is that?! I pinned it months ago thinking I might find something better...but nope. Still sold on the simple, pretty look. And since I'm still hoping we can replace our counter top SOON - the color will go really well with anything we pick. A bonus is that the burlap was on sale for under $4! 

I'm also still collecting ideas for our downstairs play/guest room. I'm still leaning towards a yummy buttery, gold yellow and dark brown. And this dandelion print would be perfect for the cornices I was thinking of making. So I just ordered a swatch to maybe pin up and observe for awhile. :)
  
Premier Prints Dandelion Slub Yellow/White

If you have never looked at the site Fabric.com (don't go), you should do so today... right now. 

So on this, another freezing and snowy day, I'm taking some time to dream and plan and prep while the kiddos nap. I'm looking forward to the little bit of added energy and hoping to conquer some of the small indoor projects while I can. :) 

No comments: