Monday, October 22, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday

 

Another busy autumn weekend has come and gone. We enjoyed a costume party with friends, a bonfire with our youth, and a busy Sunday of hubby preaching.  Time for Monday and a full week :) 

The Weather::: 
I cannot believe we are going to have a few days back in the 80's this week! Right now I have the windows open, and we are just enjoying a warm morning. :) 

Right now I am::: 
Watching my 1 year old try to put on her own shirt. Priceless :) Enjoying a semi-clean home as we had company over last night. Just finished a mug of Pumpkin Spice coffee - with pumpkin spice creamer. Yum.

Thinking:::
I need to make a trip to the grocery... 
My bedroom needs some serious attention...
I still haven't got anything ready for Ava to begin preschool in January...
Daniel Tiger might be my new favorite kids show. 
Why is it SO difficult to teach people to value and LOVE their church?! 

On my reading pile:::
Going through, "The Wisdom of God" by Nancy Guthrie for ladies bible study. Awesome. Also, got a stack of Whole Living and Living magazines in the mail this weekend - want to look through them {again}. 

On my TV:::
Right now biggest girl is watching "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" - cute, cute! Monday we usually don't watch much TV. That said... my parents bought us a new flat screen while we were on vacation - so, we might need to check out a movie tonight after the kids go to bed. So nice! 

On the menu for this week:::
Monday: City chicken, mashed potatoes & cinnamon applesauce
Tuesday: Sausage bean soup
Wednesday:
Thursday: Chicken veggie casserole {and chocolate cake!}
Friday: Home made pizza night. {thinking of making some mini ones shaped like pumpkins for the kidlets}
Saturday: German pancake & raisins/apples
Sunday: Greek ravioli

On my to do list:::
Bedroom - put away all the clothes.
Vacuum all rooms.
Laundry.
Winterize girls windows.
Clean the antique buffet in the garage and get it ready to move indoors! 

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
I have half a yard of burlap I'm hoping to create something with. Have been pinning things all weekend on pinterest. Also, hoping to redo our front enclosed porch - moving an antique buffet in, repainting, redecorating... we'll see. Also, creating another batch of Pumpkin Spiced gingersnap truffles!

Homemaking Tip:::
Rotate kids toys. My girls really like when I move their toys around - it's like they all of the sudden have NEW things to play with. I keep a garbage bag on hand and if anything isn't getting played with - I toss it in the bag, and keep it in the basement for a few weeks. Then, I empty it back out into their toys bins and pack away other toys. Also helps cut down on toy clutter!

Looking around the house:::
Kids books in a pile in front of the shelf - proof of my kiddos love for books. :) 
Princess castle on the dining room table with all the polly pockets. Magazines stacked nicely on the coffee table. New kitchen lights are on - because I like to look at them. {Thank you Dad!}

From the camera:::
This weekend at a friends costume party - My white fairy and "Convict" husband :)
 

On my prayer list:::
TEENS
Our youth leaders
Preggo friends

Bible verse, devotional:::
Still so encouraged by 2 peter 1 this weekend! 

 "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins."
 

No comments: