Friday, March 25, 2011

It's a "Faith Lift" kinda thing

For months now my super creative decorations committee has been buying materials, sewing, hot glue-gunning, spray painting, cupcake liner crunching, measuring and just all around crafting. We made the decorations for our 2011 Faith Lift ladies event - which, begins tonight. :) I tried to take some pictures... but, apparently my camera really is as bad as I feel like it is. But here's what we made:

Table design #1: Black napkin with fun pink sparkly paper. We made the "flower balls", decorated the votives and voila!


Table design #2: We bought fabric and made the table runners, bought glass vases from assorted Goodwills/Salvations army's, etc. and spray painted them black. Later we added beautiful pink tulips to a few of the vases. {more pics to come later}

Hopefully tonight at the event I'll be able to nab a few "better" pics! The ladies worked so hard and I'm so thankful for a creative group who worked together so well. Maybe it's true that 4 brains are better than 1?! :)


Oh, and I almost forgot...
This is the coffee station! We did this by stapling wrapping paper to a divider wall, hanging up some black fabric that we hemmed and sewed up, wrapped some pink ribbon around it, etc. :) It looks so fantastic! Way to go team!

My 1st experience being on a church committee! It was fun, I learned a lot... and now I'm ready for a nap. :)

No comments: