Sunday, December 30, 2012

New boots, a mouse, and why I should never make homemade alfredo.

Over Christmas vacation I had a little conversation with my sis-in-law about my new mom bad habit. Shopping for my children. Let me explain that better...
When I am given birthday or Christmas money, shooed out of the house by my hubby for some alone time. or just have a few extra minutes to browse a store alone - it happens. I end up in the kids section looking at things for my girls. Recently I've noticed a few "holes" in my own wardrobe and I'm blaming it on this habit of mine.

As I was getting ready for church this morning I realized I have NO winter shoes. Well, a pair of tennis shoes and some old leather boots that I've had for years... but, nothing warm, mildly stylish or without holes or detached soles. {blush} So, tonight at Kohls I took care of that problem - and these babies will be delivered later this week. :) Warm, cute, what I needed. AND... SUPER SALE price :) Originally they were $80, and I got them for $30.



A2 by Aerosoles Cinch of Luck Wide Ankle Boots - Women 

Mice. Cute, fuzzy, squeaky, mice. I'm all about having them out in the nature and I even enjoy reading a good children's story now and again. But, let me be clear - I am not a fan of a tiny, little, brown fuzz ball tip-toeing across my dining room carpet. Last night as I was sitting alone finishing up a good magazine - something kept getting my attention from the corner of my eye. Since our living room resembles a small exploded toy store I just assumed it was a polly pocket or little people princess - until I looked up and watched it move, tail up, and everything. All of probably 3 inches long and beady eyed. IN MY HOME. So now I'm afraid to walk into my own kitchen. And, while I know we need to set up a trap...I dread the end result of that. SNAP. {ugh}

Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo. Delicious Amazingness in a pan. I whipped up a batch of it for our Sunday lunch this afternoon. It was every bit of buttery, cheesy, creamy, savory YUMness. With all the heavy whipping cream, nutmeg, parm cheese and wide noodles- how can you go wrong?! Well, just don't look at the nutrition content. That's all I'm saying. I need to wait a looooong time before I make this again, as I'm sure we had enough fat and calories in just this one meal, to last a week. But it was so good, so worth it!
 

Tomorrow is the last day of 2012. I can hardly believe it. It's been a good year - a challenging, wonderful, crazy year. I am so thankful for each and every day. What a gift! 

No comments: