Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods: admittedly warmer...AND we can see parts of our yard!


One of my simple pleasures: Those moments when Ava just lays in my arms and lets me kiss and cuddle on her. Few and far between somedays...



On my bedside table: Nada. BUT I am reading way too many books at once... more to come on that sometime.



On my TV: Off


On the menu for tonight: BBQ pot roast and mashed potatoes


On my To Do List: finish laundry, sweep/mop kitchen floor, vacuum rest of downstairs, make eye appointment



New Recipe I tried last week: Taco Salad - the original BC recipe. It was... great! Only, we had ours in tortilla bowls...not served with chips. (and cut up avocado!!!)


In the craft basket: Nada - Hey, I am painting a kitchen here!


Looking forward to: Lunch (I've been starving all morning) and working on my bible study


Homemaking Tip for this week: Looking back to the days when Brad and I registered for wedding gifts...I cringe. I def did not know what I would need. All this to say - buy good knives, good appliances and NEEDS over wants. I'm down to two steak knives :(


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): I don't think I'm at liberty to share her link...but, a gal my age from church who recently lost her husband to cancer has a great blog. Her insight into life astounds me! And her sense of humor is such a blessing to me!



Favorite photo from last week:
She is SO ready for Spring!!! Look at those shades!

Lesson learned the past few days: I can love people, if for no other reason...because Christ loves me and gave up His son for me.

On my Prayer List: Youth group girls...

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses: This morning I got up early to read through Ephesians...not the easiest early morning read, but SO encouraging. Check it out!

1 comment:

becky said...

good post! I sure wish I would have known what I was doing when I registered too! Wish I would have known that I could register with The Pampered Chef! Happy Monday!!