Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's a date!


Lastnight Brad and I were able to sneak out for a few hours and enjoy a date night. It had been a long time since our last one and I'm so thankful I was able to find a sitter and take advantage of an open Friday night! We started the night @ a restaurant over in WDM called "Wok in Motion". I was having a hankering for sushi and we just love chinese food, anyway. We each enjoyed our entrees and Brad even tried some of my sushi! He wasn't a fan....but, that's another story altogether. I was proud of him for being a good sport and at least trying.
After eating we headed over to the mall for some walking and shopping. One of the home goods stores was going out of business and we found several cute pieces for our kitchen decor! We are going with the red/cream/coffee theme and there was tons of stuff there. Best of all, it's going out of business so everything was on sale and then 20% off of that! Love me some sales!!! If you live near Jordan Creek - check out Kirklands sale. The registar lady told me because the sale was going so well they were expecting to close by the 24th if not sooner!
After all the walking Brad treated us to some Coldstone {even tho I forgot my coupon...grrr!} and it was kind of romantic to share our little frozen treat together. We ran into some of the teens from youth group and got to chat with them for a minute. Overall, just a fun night. I love being out with my best friend. I love nights when we can just set out on a date without loading the carseat, diaper bag and endless amounts of other "baby" things and just focus on each other. We have so much to learn about each other - especially now that our lives are changing and different. Something I learned last night was... conversation may not come as easy as it used to. So I'm working on coming up with good conversation pieces. Otherwise, we resort to chatting about Ava or work or something we are trying to "get away from" for that time. I'm sure most people relate with this.
I tried to get a picture of us at the restaurant...but, we forgot. Bummer. Oh well. Maybe next date night...whenever that may be!

1 comment:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Yeah for date night!!! We love the Iron Wok by Walmart--our favorite Chinese food and the owners are sweet Christian people.
I think we're going to need pictures of the finished kitchen soon! :)
We'll have to scope out Kirkland's near the 24th for those last item deals!